Put a Bird On It!
This awesome scene from the tv show Portlandia says so much! #WakeUpPortland
Christians like to put a certain stamp, or bird, on everything they do. But when it comes to life, or comes inside the building, they kill it; they panic and freak! Why?
The seal of God is the Holy Spirit, who is described of as a dove:
– Luke 3:22 – and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove.
– 2 Cor. 1:22 – God set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
– Rev. 9:4 – They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads (renewed mind).
It’s the end times! We need to put the seal of the Holy Spirit on every mind! We can’t say we believe God is active today then deny the power He left with us. A seal often marks the currency of a kingdom: You are God’s riches! A wax seal leaves its form behind: God created us in His image with the seal of His Holy Spirit!
– 2 Tim. 3:5 – We often have a form of godliness but deny its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
We like the bird until it comes to life. We like the cross until we have to die on it.
– Acts 1:8 – But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
– Matt. 28:19 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
– Acts 2:4,38-39 – everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability… 38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off (2015)—for all whom the Lord our God will call
– 1 Cor. 12:1-10 – Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. 4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit isgiven for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,a and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
– 1 Cor. 14:1 – Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.
– Eph. 4:22-24 – You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 tobe made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
– Rev. 3:14-22 – To the Church in Laodicea 14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
– Gen. 3:11, 21 – And he said, “Who told you that you were naked?“… 21The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
– Luke 24:49 – I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”… Acts 2:2-4 – When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
Lord, I ask that you blow right now, mighty breath of God (Holy Spirit), on every person present. That you fill the house, their bodies (your temple), with power and gifts that you enable so that we may go to all the earth as witnesses, and with evidence, of the One True Living God!
Just as you empowered Jesus to start working in miracles when the dove descended on him. You promised us in John 14:12 – ‘I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works’
If you liked this post please +follow lovedisciple to see future posts.