A friend of mine, who used to be cessationist, was visited by an angel. This is his testimony:
Before our youngest was born, we went for the 21 week ultrasound and they were very concerned about some things they found, and referred us to UAB hospital. We got lots of bad news over the next several months until her birth. During that time we were so scared and unsure about everything. It was a faith crisis because every time we would go back for more scans it seemed our prayers weren’t being answered. One night during that time, my wife and I both had separate dreams on the same night. We’re both not really sure if we were dreaming or if we were awake and in a sleepy stuper and seeing in the spirit. She dreamed that a large snake slithered into our room and up on the bed, headed to her womb. We had gotten a word about the baby early in the pregnancy and really felt that the medical issues were an attack on her life, so she woke up in so much fear that she even went to check on the other kids. I was oblivious to what happened with her until the next morning when we talked about it. I told her that same night I had a dream where I “woke up” and saw a huge shining figure in the right corner of our bedroom, near the door. It was like the ceiling wasn’t there because he towered high above it. The clothing he wore was like shining armor except it flowed like fabric in the wind. The metallic fabric emitted the purest white light I’ve ever seen. I could never really see his face. I tried to look at it, but it was like I couldn’t focus on it. Almost like I wasn’t allowed to see it or something. He had a huge sword and held it in front of him at an angle. Then it was like it zoomed in on the sword and scanned it up and down so I’d get a really good look. Then it was all gone. We both woke up and began to tell each other of our experiences that night. We were blown away and so encouraged! What’s funny is, the morning prior I had a waking dream in the middle of the night and heard someone knocking at the door. Then heard the words, “You’re going to have a visitor.” I responded, “A bad visitor?” Then God chuckled and said, “Of course not!” Then we had the snake and angel the next night! About a month later, our youngest was born. The doctors were perplexed that they had “misdiagnosed” her so badly. She was perfectly healthy except for a minor kidney issue that was fixed with a minor procedure at 6 months old.
The visitation we had strengthened our faith and our worry went down a lot! We haven’t shared it with many people because it’s just weird to people, you know? Dreams were a huge part of my discovery of Holy Spirit and getting to know God as a Father. More than anything, His voice, via spoken prophecy and even dreaming, revealed His heart to me and the relationship became personal. This all started just a few years ago. I was kind of cessationist, and thought the gift of the Spirit just happened in the Bible, before I started having these encounters with God. There’s just something about EXPERIENCING God that is missing in the church. Encounter comes first, then identity, then purpose! We are doing our part to build that kind of church culture.
– 1 Sam. 31:3-5 – The fighting grew fierce around Saul, and when the archers overtook him, they wounded him critically. Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and run me through, or these uncircumcised fellows will come and run me through and abuse me.” But his armor-bearer was terrified and would not do it; so Saul took his own sword and fell on it. When the armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his sword and died with him.
Saul was critically wounded, but the armor-bearer still refused to put Saul out of his misery. Whether it was true or not, Saul believed that the other people would abuse him. He chose to die instead.
Maybe you have heard of Brittany Maynard? She was critically wounded; she had terminal brain cancer and she chose to take a pill to kill herself. Oregon calls this the Death with Dignity Act, where doctors can legally assist patients in killing themselves.
Since legalized, 1,327 Oregon patients have received the prescription, and 859 chose to take it and die. New Mexico, Montana, Washington, and Vermont have also legalized similar acts, as well as some other countries such as Netherlands and Switzerland. Switzerland legalized the act in 1942! Today, it is a growing trend and starting to get an American following. This is something we need to be aware of.
– Eccl. 9:12 – As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so people are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.
It’s important to seek God out for everything. For every new trend, we need to seek His kingdom and His wisdom first. So, what does He have to say about assisted suicide?
1. Let’s not get caught in the trap of this evil time. God is here to reveal the traps and bring us through unscathed.
2. If you assist in a suicide, you are accountable for murder
This year, in Washington, 176 individuals received prescriptions from 109 different physicians, and 57 different pharmacists. God says everyone involved is accountable for the deaths.
The armor-bearer did not give in to Saul’s tempting, however another person did:
– 2 Sam. 1:2-10,14-16 – On the third day a man arrived from Saul’s camp with his clothes torn and dust on his head. When he came to David, he fell to the ground to pay him honor. “Where have you come from?” David asked him. He answered, “I have escaped from the Israelite camp.” “What happened?” David asked. “Tell me.” “The men fled from the battle,” he replied. “Many of them fell and died. And Saul and his son Jonathan are dead.” Then David said to the young man who brought him the report, “How do you know that Saul and his son Jonathan are dead?” “I happened to be on Mount Gilboa,” the young man said, “and there was Saul, leaning on his spear, with the chariots and their drivers in hot pursuit. When he turned around and saw me, he called out to me, and I said, ‘What can I do?’ “He asked me, ‘Who are you?’ “ ‘An Amalekite,’ I answered.“Then he said to me, ‘Stand here by me and kill me! I’m in the throes of death, but I’m still alive.’“So I stood beside him and killed him, because I knew that after he had fallen he could not survive… David asked him, “Why weren’t you afraid to lift your hand to destroy the Lord’s anointed?” Then David called one of his men and said, “Go, strike him down!” So he struck him down, and he died. For David had said to him, “Your blood be on your own head. Your own mouth testified against you when you said, ‘I killed the Lord’s anointed.’ ”
The armor-bearer refused to assist Saul, by killing him, even though Saul asked him to do so. There are two things that might have happened here. It says that when the armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his sword and died with him. But it also says that Saul told the Amalekite, ‘Stand here by me and kill me! I’m in the throes of death, but I’m still alive.’ So, 1) did the armor-bearer assume that Saul was as good as dead, and kill himself, or 2) did the armor-bearer witness the Amalekite kill Saul before he killed himself?
The armor-bearers job was to protect the king:
– If he killed Saul, by Saul’s request, then he is accountable for Saul’s death.
– If he stood by and allowed the Amalekite to kill Saul, then the armor-bearer is just as accountable for Saul’s death as the Amalekite.
– If he didn’t fight to protect Saul, then he is accountable for Saul’s death by the Philistines.
The only correct response was to love Saul. There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18). Love protects (1 Cor. 13:7). He failed to love and thus is accountable for his wrongdoing. Fear is a sin as much as murder. In this instance, his fear was murder for Saul and himself.
The Amalekite: Having just escaped the genocide of his people, the Amalekite had a chance to save his own life by bringing a good report to David, but he:
– Reasoned that Saul could not survive his wounds
– Reasoned that Saul would not survive those pursuing him
– Reasoned that it was honorable to grant the request of a dying man/king
– Was held accountable for killing Saul and was judged and condemned by his own guilty plea
– 1 Samuel 26:9,11 – “No!” David said. “Don’t kill him. Who can lay a hand on the Lord’s anointed and be guiltless?… But the Lord forbid that I should lay a hand on the Lord’s anointed.
A doctor’s job is to heal and save the sick, not help them die because they are overwhelmed by a bad diagnosis. God made every person. God anointed every person with a purpose. Do not harm the Lords anointed. Do not be deceived that you are helping someone by killing them. Tell them of the hope they can have in Christ and that God still heals. ‘Certain death’ is not certain with God on your side, nor is ‘terminal’ final with God.
– Matthew 10:8 – Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
Prayer: God, raise up more spirit-filled doctors and nurses willing to speak during hard times to remind people of the hope found in You; to remind the ‘terminally ill’ that there is a chance, a hope, and that God still heals. To remind them of eternity, and bring peace of mind to hospital rooms. To remind every person that there is a chance to repent and turn to God; a chance for God’s grace to take over the situation and turn things around. Place godly advisors in these situations who don’t back down in fear and let the world call the shots, but who stand up and speak the truth in love and do what is necessary to protect the Lord’s anointed.
More to come on the topic of Accountability. If you enjoyed this post please follow +LoveDiscple
Did you realize you are currently here on earth AND in heaven? The Spirit that God put in us is both 1)in us, and 2)seated with Christ in heaven.
God’s kingdom is eternal and there is no sickness, pain, disease, or suffering in that realm. You are in that realm with God, Jehovah Rapha. Jehovah Rapha means ‘the Lord who heals you.’ The Old Testament says:
– Ex. 15:26 – He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
– Jer. 30:17 – But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord
– Ps. 103:3 – He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
– Is. 53:5 – But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
When we accept Jesus as our savior. We ARE healed. We ARE seated in heavenly places with Him. We must contend for that truth to come into our physical bodies.
– Phil. 3:12 – I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
The New Testament says:
– Rev. 1:8 – “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
– Heb. 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
– Matt. 9:1-7 – Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!” Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” Then the man got up and went home.
God and Jesus healed throughout the Bible and they do not change. They still heal today:
– John 4:24 – God is spirit
– 1 Cor. 12:7-10 – Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit… faith, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers…
– 1 Cor. 14:1 – Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit
Jehovah is the Great Physician who heals the physical and emotional needs of His people. He is still doing that today.
Praise God, who has given such authority to man! He puts the gifts of healing inside His people! He says we are seated with Him in the heavenly realms where there is no sickness:
– Eph. 2:4-6 – But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus
– Matt. 6:10 – your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
The Word of God is your sword. Take the kingdom! The Word is the Truth of God. Pain is a temporary feeling; it does not exist in the eternal realm. Use the Truths of Gods eternal word as your sword and cut down the lies of pain in your body. Say, ‘No! By His stripes I am healed! My hope is in Jehovah Rapha, my healer! I believe the eternal truth that I am whole and healed in the name of Jesus. This pain is a lie of the enemy and I stand on the solid rock who says I am healed. I will cut down these lies of pain! I will live by faith! And I will fight the enemy until I see the kingdom of God come on earth as it is in heaven!’
– Ex. 15:3 – “The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will extol Him. “The Lord is a warrior; The Lord is His name.
– Ps. 30:2 – Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
– Mark 5:34 – He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
– Matt. 8:2-3 – And a leper came to Him and bowed down before Him, and said, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
– 2 Cor. 1:20 – For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.
Testimony: I have personally witnessed a person, deaf from birth, begin to respond to sound and try to repeat words for the first time. One day someone called me out of a group for having pain in my right kidney; they were right! They prayed for my healing and gave me a specific instruction. A month later, after I had followed that word of wisdom, the pain left. The pain had plagued me for a year, but it went away as the person said it would.
Yesterday, I agreed to pray for a friend who has a kidney stone. Today, I am feeling the pains of her kidney stone; mildly, and briefly. The pain is not my own. It is not normal for my body, since I don’t have a kidney stone myself. I have the brief sensation of her pain, and it reminds me to pray for her. I have never had problems with breathing, but the last two days I have felt like I was getting asthma. My best friend has asthma, so now I’ve realized that God is asking me to pray for him. Now that I’m praying for him, I can breathe fine. The person who called me out for having kidney problems, knew it because he felt it in his own body just. It was not his own pain, it was just a word of knowledge that he needed to pray from someone who was having that pain. In the same way, the Spirit can give us a word of knowledge about pain in someone elses body so that we can pray for their healing. There are many ways to hear God’s voice, but this is one way that many people with the gift of healing do hear.
I have 100% victory over menstrual cramps. Every time I experience pain, I pray, and it leaves. At times I have prayed for others with menstrual cramps and seen them freed from pain too. I’m starting small, but He says if we are faithful with a little He will give us more. The gifts operate by faith. A little faith means a little operation in the gifts, but when you see God move in that little bit, it builds up your faith. The next time, you have more faith to believe for something greater! The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in me, and He can raise the dead just as easily as He can heal a cramp. Start to do the things He says you can do! Ask Him to activate the gifts of healing in you through His Spirit; then go pray for those who are sick and watch Him work!
Prayer: Thank you God for building our faith and helping our unbelief (Mark 9:24). Faith comes through hearing the Word of God. Thank you Jesus for everything you are, and for everything that your name means. Savior, healer, deliverer, provider! You are our all in all! Though we will see trials, and go through valleys, you are faithful to bring us out with a shout of victory! I pray for those in the hospitals, in car accidents, with terminal illnesses, with rare diseases, with sicknesses that bring shame, for people in pain, that you raise them from the valley and put them on the mountain. That you put the shield of faith and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, in their hands and help them contend for the truths you have spoken over them. They are healed by your stripes. I pray that you go to them, and even send Spirit filled believers to them, to rebuke the devourer from their lives as I do now. For all those in Christ, the enemy has no place in you! Be healed in the name of Jesus.