The Bible, which means the book, is a single narrative that points to one person. 66 books written over the span of human history, and they all stay consistent; Christ, the Word of God, who never changes.
The Seven Mind Molders of Culture
The Seven Mountains
– Rev. 17:9,14 – This calls for a mind with understanding: The seven heads of the beast represent the seven hills where the woman rules… They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.
1)Arts/Entertainment, 2)Government, 3)Media/News, 4)Education, 5)Religion, 6)Business, 7)Family
These 7 mountains make up the kingdom of God, but unfortunately the church has not claimed the kingdom yet. God is ruler of everything in heaven, and its our job to help lift Him up as king on earth. We need to disperse from our fortress on the religion mountain, and go take the others.
As a whole, the church isn’t affecting cultural transformation like Jesus did. Why?
Jesus called us to make disciples of nations, but instead we are trying to make disciples of individuals. Our influence is severely limited through this method. If we, instead, went into the systems of the nations, we could win souls more abundantly. Jesus said, ‘follow me and I will make you fishers of men.’ Jesus didn’t teach Peter to fish with a rod, but with a net. Peter brought in fish by the boat load. As long as we continue our current method, with a rod with a one fish capacity, we will not be able to claim the Kingdom that Christ gave to us.
So, how do we operate in the full extent of the Kingdom? How do we make disciples of nations?
– 1 Sam. 9:16 – Anoint him ruler over my people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines
– 1 Sam. 10:1,5 – Then Samuel took a flask of olive oil and poured it on Saul’s head and kissed him, saying, “Has not the Lord anointed you ruler over his inheritance?… Afterward you will come to the hill of God where the Philistine garrison is
Saul was told to go to the mountain of God to save God’s people from the Philistines on the mountain. Why were Philistines on God’s mountain? That’s what we should be asking ourselves. Christ came to preach the coming of The Kingdom; He made us kings, told us to go out and proclaim the kingdom, but we aren’t! There are Philistine giants on the mountain of God. They are ruling the mountain of Arts, Family, Religion, Government, Education, Media, & Business. These mountains are rightfully ours for the taking, but we have to go into ALL the world and claim these realms. Where the church used to go into territories, we now need to go into systems. At the moment we are stuck in the system of religion, and allowing Philistines to rule all the others…
– Matt. 10:7 – And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
– Rev. 5:10 – And you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth
– 1 Peter 2:9 – you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation
We are God’s children and He gives us His authority to reign on the earth. We are royals, with His power, to go forth and claim the mountains of His kingdom. He gave us dominion. He gave us the gifts, abilities, wisdom of His Spirit (who is God Himself) to do so.
– Zech. 14:9 – And the Lord will be king over all the earth
– 1 Cor. 10:26 – The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it
– Rev. 4:10 – They lay their crowns before the throne and say:“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
Everything here belongs to our God, and He has made us kings. We are to take these 7 mountains and occupy them, giving God our crowns, our power, and allowing Him to lead what is rightfully His. We can only do this by allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us. As long as we reject the gifts of the Holy Spirit, we have no power to take the kingdom. A King puts forth the power to claim His own kingdom. The Spirit of God lives in every believer, but we have to yield to the power of it to see God move on the earth.
– Luke 19:12-13 (MSG&KJV) – There was once a man descended from a royal housewent to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return. But first he called ten servants together, gave them each a sum of money, and instructed them, ‘Occupy until I return.’
Jesus went to heaven to receive the kingdom. He left us in charge and told us to occupy the mountains until His return.
Christians haven’t left the ‘Religion’ mountain to go into all the world, and so Christians haven’t affected the world. Homosexuality, however, has successfully transcended in America because it took all 7 mountains. They put the right characters on tv, and in the arts to entertain us. Government leaders have now tailored their speeches around the topic to gain votes. They saturated the other mountains so heavily, that even some Christians, on the religion mountain, are succumbing to the gay agenda. Same sex advocates have discipled a nation in the same 20 years that Christians were seeking revival. They succeeded because they didn’t aim only at the church. We haven’t succeeded, but even Islam has discipled 7+ nations in the past 50 years. Muslims and Buddhist are modeling nations based on religion. America thankfully has separation of church and state, but we still need to do our part to help our nation. The church will never see revival unless they leave the church…
Many of us are not called to stay in the mountain of religion. Yes, believe in Christ and don’t ‘leave’ your church, but go into all the world! Jesus gave you gifts and talents to use to bring glory to Him. Your gifts are meant for all people, not just the church. It’s the sick that need a doctor, right?
Let’s look at David. He believed in God, but we also saw him in the:
– business mountain – managing sheep
– arts mountain – playing the harp for a king
– business mountain – as he took on Goliath
– media mountain – as his fame spread, and people glorified his expertise
– government mountain – as he became king
– arts mountain – using the arts to advance on the mountain of education
David was successful, because he understood the kingdom of God. He climbed the religion mountain, but he didn’t camp out there; he took God to the other mountains. If we want to be successful, we should learn from him. We need to figure out our purpose, and which mountain God has called us to. We need to climb to the top of that mountain and proclaim him. We can trust Him to get us to the top.
Marketing to the target audience (the unbeliever):
1. Nations instead of souls (souls come with nations)
2. Now instead of eternity
3. Natural (secular) instead of the spiritual
4. Teaching (covertly) instead of preaching (overtly)
This is the gospel of the kingdom as opposed to the gospel of only salvation. If you want to penetrate world systems, don’t advertise prematurely what your agenda is, because you have enough challenges without waving a red flag that makes people twice as upset with you about where you’re going. You need to establish preeminence in your field and then you can unveil your theology.
Well, ‘I am not ashamed of the gospel’! Yes, but it is also written: ‘What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived’ — the things God has prepared for those who love him (1Cor.2:9).’
1. God had a plan first. He prepared. No one saw, heard, or had the idea of it. He later revealed these things to those who fell in love with Him.
2. ‘Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you. (Matt.7:6)’ No wise person reveals the depth of themselves to their enemies. If the enemy attacks your victories, they will definitely mock your failures. We are meant to reveal ourselves to those who we are in relationships with. It’s good to have friends in all walks of life. We don’t have to talk, strictly, only to Christians. Jesus talked to sinners, and to those that accepted Him, He shared with them who He was and taught them His ways.
3. Esther didn’t reveal herself too soon. She was not ashamed, but she had a goal. She did not reveal her goal to her enemy. She revealed the thing at the moment that it would help the most people, and she revealed to the one who loved her (her husband, King Xerxes).
4. Duck Dynasty, the tv show, said they weren’t going to get religious on the show until they had a big following. They understand this principle. Love is most important–Love is God. After someone loves you, they begin to respect you. It is inside of respectful relationships that we start to unveil who we are.
5. Daniel didn’t ask Nebuchadnezzar to be circumcised or worship the jewish God. Daniel simply followed God, and Nebuchadnezzar followed suite. Neb pushed his nation to learn about this God, after Daniels God had proven himself true. Neb said, ‘There is no other god who can rescue like this! (Dan.3:29)’
6. Joseph was at the top of the family mountain, but he fell. His experience on the mountain of religion, and education, brought him up in the business & government mountains. Joseph helped Pharaoh first, then Pharaoh wanted to know more about his family. Because Joseph had spread out over all the mountains, when the family mountain fell, he was able to concentrate his efforts on the other mountains with God given success. Likewise, we don’t invest in just one thing, but many things, in case one fails. God never fails, but sometimes the church(religion) does.
Joseph was a prime example that: When you have established your credibility, people will start coming to you for wisdom. We don’t have to put a giant christian label on everything. We need to be strategic about how we can get to the unbeliever. A dog can be a loving creature, but once its stuck in a barbed wire fence it will be fierocous. You cannot approach a wounded animal head on or it will attack. The better option is to come up from behind it and gently break it free from the death trap. Our goal is to bring life, but they don’t yet trust us, so we need to be strategic about this interaction.
Joseph was doing dream interpretation, for scenario planning in an economic forecast, for a government. He wasn’t in the church interpreting peoples dreams. Get out of the church and go into all the world to use your gifts, which are given to you so you can walk in your God ordained destiny.
Covert: not openly acknowledged or displayed
Overt: done or shown openly; plainly or readily apparent, not secret or hidden
Many successful Bible people were on a covert operation. We need people in the music and arts who don’t slap a christian label on everything. We need them to use the arts to teach biblical principles covertly; and show people who God is once they start digging in to see who the musician/artist truly are. We reveal more about ourselves as people grow into a more intimate position.
– Mal. 3:10 – “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
We should be brainstorming together as a community of believers. We should be funding covert operations, for the unbeliever, with tithes. To get the increase, we have to invest in those who are not already in the church.
Prayer: Lord, some have taken the mountains and fallen away. Don’t let them give up on you; bring Katy Perry back. Cause people who already sit on the mountain to see your power and turn to you; raise up more people like Head. Raise up Daniels, Josephs, and Esthers in government to take the kingdom. Raise up people willing to take the truth into news and media. Raise up journalist to seek out truth and fight to make it public. Give them the money needed to take truth to the nations. Cause the sinners wealth to pass to the godly. Release the gifts of the Spirit and bring words of wisdom (1Cor.12), words of knowledge, and strategic business plans to them. Give us wisdom beyond ourselves through the Spirit, the very mind of God. The same mind that created the universe lives inside of us. Activate new solutions, ideas, creativity, entertainment that brings you glory and shows all the world who you are. Position creatives in the movie industry to reach specific groups. Raise up people with a strategy to infiltrate the porn industry, bars, and gangs. Help Alabama come up with solutions to take down anger, immorality, and murder. Thank you for local farmer markets and grocery stores returning to natural, unadulterated foods. Cause more companies like TOMS to find creative solutions to help those in need. Make these companies the head and not the tail. Convert these mega companies who exploit. Cause justice and righteousness to rise. Cause people to get sick of the condition of their relationships and turn back to you and your ways. Set the family mountain in order again. Open the eyes of Christians to help us see the true you and tear down anything in the church that opposes you. Cause the body to rise up and take its rightful place again.
God didn’t create our bodies to respond to music so we would have something else to fight. He made us want to dance, because He wanted us to be joyous! I’m not talking about bumping and grinding, that is a perversion of what God created. The purpose of that dance is to sexually seduce. Footloose did get the Bible verses right though. The true, intended, and holy purpose of dance is to praise God radically and unabashedly! Everything is aligned with its intended purpose when it is used as a tool to love God. Dance is to 1)celebrate what He has done for you, and to 2)ask Him for what you need; it’s 3)to lift moral, because a merry heart brings life and health to the body. Dance is can teach people just as much as song or lecture. Dance is biblical, and maybe if dancing were still in every church we wouldn’t be missing an entire generation of young kids and teenagers; maybe people would wake up excited to go to church, stay longer, build community better, and leave happier
– 1 Cor. 14:26 – What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.
Choreographed dance, theatre, and the arts can show us who God is just as much as anything else. Every person should be able to show what God has given them. Dance doesn’t even have to be choreographed to happen in the church. Everyone should be able to let loose in praise, using their bodies to celebrate the God who gave it to them.
– Ps. 149:3 – Let Israel be glad in his Maker; let the children of Zion rejoice in their King! Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!
– Eccl. 4:3 -A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance
– Ps. 30:11 – You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
– Jer. 31:13 – Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.
– 2 Sam. 6:14 – And David danced before the Lord with all his might…
David’s wife confronted him and tried to shame him, or say it was ungodly, and he responded with:
… I will celebrate before the Lord. I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.
When God delivered Israel from Egypt:
– Ex. 15:20 – Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women went out after her with tambourines and dancing.
– Zeph. 3:17 – The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
– Ps. 150:4 – Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!
We celebrate marriage, and festivities, with dancing, and God wants us to do that with Him. Celebrate the God who gave you the spouse, the job, the raise, the home, the harvest, the souls. Celebrate him everyday, even when it seems like you aren’t winning. Paul & Silas praise him from prison chains and the praise set them free emotionally first, then also physically.
– Rev. 19:6-7 – And I heard something that sounded like a huge crowd, like rushing water and powerful thunder. They said, “Hallelujah! The Lord our God, the Almighty, exercised his royal power! Let us rejoice and celebrate, and give him the glory, for the wedding day of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.
Rushing water are shouts of excitement and the powerful thunder is dance? STOMP! How are you going to crush the serpents head without a stomp and a dance? Walking gets tiring, but waltzing to the destination give you something different. Joy takes you further. You don’t even realize you’re tired when you are having fun. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to be dancing on my wedding day to the Lamb, and I’m gonna go’head and practice now! At church, on Friday, I grabbed up a flag, went to the back of the church, and danced. Jehovah Nissi, is my God; my Banner and my Victory.
Prayer: Lord of the dance, bring back the dance! You are Lord of Lords; You are the king of celebration and joy. Help us see you as you are, break every chain of religion, and loose your people to praise you with all their mind, heart, soul, and strength (Deut.6:5); you tell us that praise looses your people from bondage. Use dance to heal, deliver, and set free every mind and body. Tear down every man made law that stands in the way of your laws. Fear of man leave, and fear of God return in Jesus name. Bring joy back to the church as we realign ourselves to your ways and see who you truly are. We may feel humiliated in our own eyes as we dance, but you exalt those who are unashamed to praise you with all their strength! You made joy to be contagious, so raise up people to dance without shame and show your people that there is freedom in You; let all those who are free from the chains of sin and death rejoice!
As our country continues to talk about black&white, slave&free issues, cause your church to lead. Where blacks were once slaves, and white free, today the tables have turned. Your beloved black church is living in freedom, and your white people are slaves to religion and man-made law. Cause a war to rise up, and people to fight for the freedom of every person. Bring your people together. Send out those who will stand for freedom, justice, equality, and tear down the lies, chains, and man-made law that hold us in bondage and keep us from praising God with every fiber of our being. No longer shall it be shameful to say ‘you dance like a white person.’ Let is now be said with the meaning, ‘Wow, your dancing has put us to shame!’ Raise up whites who are radical in praise! Bring the spirit of Africa to us. No matter if we have food, clothing, or water, make us joyful with what we have. Tear down this idol of reliance on wealth and possession, and cause us to take joy in You. When the foot taps, let the body move, and tear down this idea that skill is required. Let the people dance without care of man or level of learning.
My friend is over in Zambia, Africa changing lives and building water wells. The people there know how to celebrate God’s gift of water. Lord, bless us with this Spirit just as you blessed them with water:
Everyone always wants to know if their pets go to heaven and if animals have souls, so I did a fun little study on it.
It might look long, but all topics are highlighted, and in all of my posts I bold the important information so that you can quickly see the highlights. I always want to give the full scripture reference in case someone wants to know more, but if it looks overwhelming, simply read the bolded parts.
We’ll look at these topics:
– The Beginning of Animals
– Will there be animals in Heaven?
– Is there salvation for animals?
– If animals can be saved, then do they have souls?
– Will my pets be in heaven?
– Will animals be able to speak in heaven?
– Can we eat animals if they have a soul? Is it a sin to eat animals?
– How does God view animals?
– What does it mean to have dominion over animals? Are we doing our part?
Let’s look at the beginning of animals for a moment:
– Gen. 1:25 – God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good
– Gen. 3:1 – Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
Animals could talk in the beginning and God said it was good.
– Gen. 3:13-14 – The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.” 14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 15And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers
Animals and humans sinned and BOTH were cursed. It doesn’t say that he cursed animals so that they couldn’t speak, but we’ll talk more about that later. If animals can still speak with that kind of eloquence we can’t hear it anymore.
*SideNote: the curse on the snake was for him to crawl on his belly… meaning he previously swam (job’s leviathan?), had wings (fallen angel?), or legs (dragon of revelations?). Dragons in heaven? Well, Renaissance paintings made him look like a mermaid, so moving on.
– Num. 22:27-28 – When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam was angry and struck the donkey with his stick. Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?” 29Then Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have made a mockery of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, I would have killed you by now.” 30The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden all your life to this day? Have I ever been accustomed to do so to you?” And he said, “No.” 31Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown. 32The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me. 33The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.” 34Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, “I have sinned…”
– Is. 22:22 – what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open
God is capable of opening or closing the mouths of animals, giving or taking away their ability to speak. I do not see any reference inferring that we could teach an animal to speak with human eloquence, but I do see scriptures that infer animals were originally made to speak and will again speak (more so than Fluffy barking on command); more on that in the following sections.
Will there be animals in Heaven?
As we can see from the previous section, animals were in Eden and God said they were good. Below we see that God is going to renew the earth and restore Eden. This would imply that animals will exist in the restored Eden just like the former Eden.
– Rev. 21:1 – Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea
– Is. 65:17 – See, I will create new heavens and a new earth.
– Rev. 21:5 – He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”
– Eze. 36:35 – They will say, “This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited.”
– Is. 11:6-9 – And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. 7Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox. 8The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper’s den. 9They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.
– Rev. 19:11 – Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True
– Ps. 145:21 – Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever.
So we see that there will be a new earth like the garden of Eden, where all creatures live in harmony for eternity. So if animals are in heaven then:
Is there salvation for animals?
– Ps. 36:5-6 – Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
Let’s define preserve:
1. to keep alive or in existence; make lasting
2. to keep safe from harm or injury; protect or spare
3. to maintain and reserve for continued survival
– Gen. 9:9-10 – “Now behold, I Myself do establish My covenant with you, and with your descendants after you; 10and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you; of all that comes out of the ark, even every beast of the earth.
– Gen. 9:15-17 – I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. 17So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”
The story of the ark was a foreshadowing of God saving our souls. The animals were saved with Noah on the ark, which points to the idea that they too will be saved with the righteous. The Lord tells us many times that He has made a covenant with the animals; and not just in the flood account…
– Hos. 2:18-19 – In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety. 19I will betroth you to me forever
– 2 Peter 2:5, 9 – if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah… and seven others… 9then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
This verse seems to be saying that animals were rescued from trials because they were godly.
– 2 Peter 2:15- 16 – They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.
This donkey respected God more than the prophet. The donkey understood the word of the Lord and was obedient. The donkey also understood that he should not harm the Lords anointed. The donkey saved Balaam’s life 3 times and simply said, “The Lord rebuke you.”
– Ps. 105:15 – “Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm.”
– 1 Sam. 26:9 – But David said to Abishai, “Don’t destroy him! Who can lay a hand on the LORD’s anointed and be guiltless?
– Gen. 9:5 – And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.
This is the only concrete law I could find that was given to animals. Animals will be judged according to this law and apparently they understand it. What else do they understand?
– Job 12:7-9 – ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; 8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. 9Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?
It’s a saying that animals can see into the spirit realm, but what if there’s truth to it? What if animals are actually more aware of God than we are? Maybe they are smarter than we are but we just can’t communicate with them in our fallen state?
– 2 Cor. 5:15 – he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
Someone’s getting in a tizzy about this scripture I guarantee, but we already saw that God made a covenant with ALL creatures. We can also see that this donkey isn’t living for itself, but for Christ. No animal wants to be beaten. The donkey had many chances to choose to save itself, but it waited for the Lord’s salvation. I think these scriptures clearly portray that there is salvation for animals. I’m not sure what all the rules are, but they will clearly be judged and saved like us. God tells us that the commandments are summed up into one: love; and that the greatest love is to lay down your life for another. Seems to me that this donkey passed with flying colors. The 10 commandments even include that animals should rest on the Sabbath with us.
– Ex. 20:8-11 – “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
He even tells us to share the gospel with animals! This Easter one of my Facebook friends held an Easter party for dogs. I laughed, but then I thought about this verse:
– Mark 16:15 – And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
– Rom. 8:21 (NLV) – Everything that has been made in the world will be set free from the power that can destroy. These will become free just as the children of God become free.
– Rom. 8:19-21 (MSG) – The created world itself can hardly wait for what’s coming next. Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens
– James 1:18 – In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.
We are the FIRST fruits of his creatures. That means the other creatures will be the following act until the very last of the fruits return to God. So…
If animals can be saved, then do they have souls?
Are the animals in heaven going to be the souls of the animals from earth?
Over and over again, the word used for creatures is nefesh, the Hebrew word for soul. This word is used when describing animals and humans. The Bible clearly shows us that animals have souls; they have appetites, desires, affection, and feelings just like us.
– Ps. 104:25-30 – Here is the sea, great and wide, which teems with creatures innumerable, living things both small and great… 27These all look to you, to give them their food in due season. 28 When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are filled with good things. 29 When you hide your face, they are dismayed; when you take away their breath, they die and return to their dust. 30When you send forth your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground.
You renew the face of the ground? Sound familiar? Sounds like the bodies of the animals will be resurrected when the Lord renews the earth (Rev. 21:1,5), and here’s a supporting scripture:
– Rom. 8:19-21 – The created world itself can hardly wait for what’s coming next. Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens
Psalms 104 also showed us that animals have the spirit of God in them. God breathed life into them just like He did for us.
– Eccl. 12:7 – and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
God is whole. He is not incomplete, so if He sends out part of His Spirit it will surely return to Him.
– 1 Cor. 15:35-40, 42-44 – But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another… 42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
Our perishable bodies return to the dust just like the animals, until the resurrection of the body. The animals imperishable body, the Spirit and breathe of God, returns to God just like ours do. So, ‘to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord’ (2 Cor. 5:8)
– Eccl. 3:19-21 – For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.
Dust to dust. Spirit to spirit
– 1 Cor. 15:21-22 – For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
The death that was brought, on both man and animal, came through a man. So the life, for both man and animal, comes from a man. Strangely enough, the same man that brings life describes himself as a sacrificial lamb; so where death came from an animal (serpent), life also came from an animal (lamb).
It’s crazy how hidden, yet attainable he makes his secrets! ❤ it! So the cherry on top question would be:
Will my pets be in heaven?
Given the foundational truths from the previous sections, I would say yes.
– 1 Cor. 2:9 – For no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.
– Eph. 3:20-21 – to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory
– Ps. 31:19 – How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.
– 1 Cor. 13:8-13 – Love never fails… 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Love is imperishable because God IS love. If you have a sacrificial love for your animal, that love won’t be taken away because it is imperishable.
– Ps. 84:11 – No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly
We can trust God that heaven will be a place filled with everything necessary for our happiness. In fact more than likely, you’ll be able to speak to your pets in heaven.
Will animals be able to speak in heaven?
We’ve already talked about how animals spoke in the previous Eden (inferring that they should be able to speak in the restored Eden) and how animals have spoken in the fallen earth (Balaam’s donkey). What’s so hard to believe? If rocks can speak and praise God why can’t animals?
Point #1 – Called to praise & Support of Praise
– Luke 19:40 – If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.
– Jer. 32:27 – Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?
In fact God tells the creatures to praise Him
– Ps. 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
– Ps. 148:10-13 – Wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and maidens, old men and children. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted. His splendor is above the earth and the heavens
If he asks something from us, He will give us the means to do so. If He asks for animals to praise Him, then He will give them freewill and a voice to do so. I think they praise Him now, but I think we will hear the praise in the new earth (see point #2)
– Heb. 13:21 – may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him.
Here are some more animals speaking in heaven and in the earth:
– Rev. 8:13 – As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth
– Rev. 4:6-8 – In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7The first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face like that of a man, and the fourth creature was like a flying eagle. 8And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, “‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,’ who was, and is, and is to come.”
If we were made in God’s image, what image were animals made in? Were they made in the image of these speaking ‘living creatures’? Where animals also made in God’s image? God is vast; whose to say that we weren’t made to have some attributes of God that animals don’t have, and vice versa. If animals then were made in God’s image, but with different attributes of Him, do you think God would make them unable to communicate? Is God mute? Can God only talk to His son (in the ‘god species’)?
– Rev. 5:13 – Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
Point #2 – Language & Unity
Maybe in order to understand Point #1 we should look at language (in general) for a moment:
– Gen.11:1 – Now the whole world had one language and a common speech… 4Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”… 6The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” 8So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth 9That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth
Unity makes all things possible. Due to disobedience (gen. 9:1) the Lord scattered languages. If Heaven is without sin then we can assume that heaven will have unity instead of confusion. This unity can come in the form of one common language or many languages. I’ll show you how since we have already established that both man and animal have the same Spirit from God:
– 1 Cor. 12:7-10 – Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
We see here that through unity of Spirit we can be given the gift of speaking and interpreting different (otherwise unknown) languages. So if I meet my pet in heaven, he can speak dog and I can speak English and with these gifts we can have unity & understand each other. As an example, it’s by the Spirit that this angel is able to preach in all languages:
– Rev. 14:6 – Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth–to every nation, tribe, language and people.
– Rev. 7:9-10 – After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb
So whether there is one language or multiple languages, there will be UNITY in heaven and ease of communication between species, nations, etc. There will be no miscommunication, misunderstanding, or discord which guarantees ALL will be able to communicate eloquently and understand ALL.
Lastly, if animals can speak, and have a soul, should we be eating them? I was talking to a friend the other day whose wife is a vegetarian. We talked about the original diet of mankind: fruititarianism. Meaning we ate only what naturally fell from a plant. We would not eat anything that turns into a plant or harms a plant. I was making the point that God loves plants as much as animals and people. My friend said he couldn’t stand the thought of killing an animal anymore, and that if the grass cried out in agony when he cut it, he probably wouldn’t do that either. I laughed too hard. However, animals have a different kind of voice than people, so plants have a different kind of voice than animals. How long will it take us to realize the earth is screaming in agony from our abuse? That’s another topic though…
Can we eat animals since they have a soul?
Is it a sin to eat animals?
– Gen. 1:26-30 – Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”… 28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” 29Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.
Both man and animal were given plants to eat originally. They were fruitarian. They ate only what would naturally fall from a plant or regenerate on its own. Part of the curse of man is that he would have to toil the fields, so before the curse man lived on fruits, herbs, and maybe perennial vegetables and nuts. We see in the next verse that animals will return to this system:
– Is. 11:7 – the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox.
– Ps. 104: – He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, And vegetation for the service of man, That he may bring forth food from the earth, 5And wine that makes glad the heart of man, Oil to make his face shine, And bread which strengthens man’s heart.
*SideNote: Modern day bread is terrible for you! It doesn’t strengthen the heart… but grind your own natural ingredients instead of that GMO bleached grocery mess and you can live on bread alone for 300 days like Ezekiel. Here’s a recipe: http://breadmachinerecipe.net/ezekiel-bread-machine-recipe/
Okay, so we started out with a fruitarian/vegetarian/vegan kind of diet, but then:
– Gen. 9:2-4 – And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.
Here’s our green light for eating animals. But then why would he say all things are for food, if later he says don’t eat pork (Deut. 14:8) or sea animals without scales (Lev. 11:9)?
– 1 Tim. 4:3 – They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth.
– 1 Cor. 10:23-33 – “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive… 25Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.” 27If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience… For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for? 31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
I have the right to eat every moving thing, but not all of those things will be beneficial to my body. The guides he gives in Deut. & Lev. give you an idea of what things are beneficial to your body and what things will make you sick. We know vegetables are healthy, but he lists some animals too, so it’s not a sin to eat them.
Based on these scriptures I think its honorable to choose to not eat meat since that will probably be the model of heaven anyway. That doesn’t mean that heaven will be less amazing. God can make ‘manna’ taste like some good ole country fried steak or venison back-strap. We shouldn’t be scared of the idea of giving up our favorite foods (sushi & duck for me), because we know the tastes in heaven will somehow immeasurably surpass the delectable flavors found here on earth. Nonetheless, in the current earth, we have a green light to eat meat.
With that being said, the next section is of the upmost importance.
God cares for animals, but are we doing our part to care for animals?
God cares for animals. He breathes life into them, knows every one, feeds them, knows when they die, helps them give birth, gently carries them, clothes them, protects them, etc.
– Matt. 10:29 – Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.
– Matt. 6:26 – Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
– Ps. 50:10-11 – For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. “I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine.
– Is. 40:11 – In His arm He will gather the lambs And carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.
– Ps. 29:9 – The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth
– Deut. 25:4 – Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.
– Deut. 22:10 – You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together
He cares about animal rights. He wants the ox to be able to eat his daily portion and his working portion. He doesn’t want the donkey to get hurt by being yolked to a larger animal. No matter what the price we value sparrows, he is aware of every single one. God is Spirit and He gave us the ‘fruits of the Spirit’ to train ourselves in. While we train to have these attributes, they are already a part of God’s character. He is patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, self-controlled, peaceful, loving, and joyful toward us and all creation. If He cares about animals to this extent and He has set us as a servant over them, then we should care about them too, because He will surely judge us according to our given duties.
– Gen. 1:27-28 – God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
It’s not a sin to eat animals, but it is a sin to not have dominion over animals. The word dominion is an antonym to stewardship or management. He calls us a servant to creation.
– James 1:18 – He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.
Why are we called the FIRST fruits of his creatures if mankind was made last in the Genesis creation?
– Matt. 20:16 – So the last will be first, and the first will be last
– Mark 9:35 – Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all
We were called to take dominion, which doesn’t mean to dominate or exploit the earth, but to steward, manage, or take care of the earth. We were last so that we could SERVE all. If we eat all the animals and do not manage their numbers, and protect their existence, then we have sinned by not managing the business God gave us. Plus:
– Eccl. 3:19 – what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other.
We need to be carefully not to over consume animals or fall into the sin of gluttony, leading to poor management. All sin leads to death, and here we see specifically how gluttony can and will lead to death in the end times. Over consumption can come through gluttonous eating, clothing, poaching, hunting, whatever. I love the ideals of the native americans on this subject. They gave thanks for every animal life and they used every last piece of the animal. We should be wary of how much we take and how much we waste. If I manage myself, I can live off 1 deer a year, by using 1 pound of meat for each 4 day span.
– Luke 12:42-46 – And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.
To eat, drink, and get drunk is referring to gluttony. It is also a cross-reference these other scriptures:
– Is. 22:12-13 – Therefore in that day the Lord God of hosts called you to weeping, to wailing, to shaving the head and to wearing sackcloth. 13Instead, there is gaiety and gladness, killing of cattle and slaughtering of sheep, Eating of meat and drinking of wine: “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we may die.”
The ‘Lords call to weeping’ will be through famine that WE induce. We aren’t far away from it. This verse foretells the attitude that people will take during the days of famine… they will continue to be gluttonous until they have completely destroyed the earth. They will say, we are going to die anyway, so I might as well be happy while I’m alive; all the while destroying the earth and dooming future generations. This is no way to manage a business – that’s how you drive it into bankruptcy.
– Is. 5:8-12 – Woe to those who join house to house; They add field to field, Till there is no place where they may dwell alone in the midst of the land! 9In my hearing the Lord of hosts said, “Truly, many houses shall be desolate, great and beautiful ones, without inhabitant. 10 For ten acres of vineyard shall yield one bath (7 gallon of grapes instead of the 400 gallon normal average), And a homer of seed shall yield one ephah.” 11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; Who continue until night, till wine inflames them! 12 The harp and the strings, The tambourine and flute, And wine are in their feasts; But they do not regard the work of the Lord, Nor consider the operation of His hands. Therefore my people have gone into captivity, Because they have no knowledge.
– Is. 5:12 – They do not regard the work of the Lord, Nor consider the operation of His hands.
What is the “work of His hands”?
– Ps. 8:3-9 – When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, what is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him?…You make him to rule over the works of Your hands. You have put all things under his feet… All sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea
You make him to rule over the works of Your hands… this was our Genesis command to have dominion, but Isaiah says humans will not regard the animals, earth, or space and so humans will fall blindly into famine and death. The bible says the respect of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. God wants to show us how to maintain life. Are we going to be open to His advice?
*SideNote: “I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars.” Thus we are called to be stewards of space as well. Are we going to start dumping trash in space? Will the famine drive us into space, to a new earth? Hmm.. I feel a study of Revelations coming about.
– ‘oikonomia’ is the greek word used for steward. The word ‘economics’ is derived from it.
– Economics: is the social science that studies production, distribution, exchange and consumption of goods and services.
We can’t be good stewards of animals if we turn a blind eye to our rate of consumption.
– Is. 24:5-6 – The earth is also polluted by its inhabitants, for they transgressed laws, violated statutes, broke the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse devours the earth, and those who live in it are held guilty. Therefore, the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men are left
– Rev. 11:18 – The time has come… to destroy those who destroy the earth
Those who were bad stewards, not those in Christ (Luke 12:42-46). Although many in Christ are bad stewards, His blood covers all our sin and because we love him, we continually grow in our love, learning how to please him. In Him there is no fault-fiding.
– Is. 24:4-6 – The earth mourns and dries up, and the land wastes away and withers. Even the greatest people on earth waste away. 5The earth suffers for the sins of its people, for they have twisted God’s instructions, violated his laws, and broken his everlasting covenant. 6Therefore, a curse consumes the earth. Its people must pay the price for their sin. They are destroyed by fire, and only a few are left alive.
– Rev. 8:7 – A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
– Rev. 8:8-9 – A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
– Rev. 8:11 – a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water… A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.
– Rev. 8:12 – a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.
Funny what Revelations calls judgement, Isaiah calls reaping what you sow… God gave us freedom of choice and he doesn’t change his mind about that even if we destroy the Earth He gave us. The prodigal son went and spent his inheritance till he had to eat pig slop. We create our own punishment when we disobey Him.
Poor stewards> becomes famine>becomes war>nuclear bombs>disease, lose of life, lose of water, & darkness>the end
We who know and love God should be digging in the word for instructions; doing our part to protect life and rallying support. Time is short.
– Matt. 24:3 – “Tell us, when these things will be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
Jesus answered (Matt. 24:4-14):
There will be:
– false saviors
– wars and rumors of wars
(he adds that we should not let these rumors alarm us (social media anyone?))
– nation will go against nation, and kingdom against kingdom
– famines and earthquakes in various places
and thats only the beginning. Then there will be:
– persecution and killing of Christians
– many will denounce Christ and betray Christians
– there will be false teachers and false prophets
– gospel preached to the whole world
then the end will come.
Hmm, many of these are already happening. Even so, we don’t want to say ‘eat, drink, and be merry as if we die tomorrow’. Instead we want to hone in on the love that makes us want to please our wonderful savior, and stay busy about His work, looking forward to the great reward that’s coming… Getting to talk to pets and Oh so much more. When it comes down to the persecution of Christians, and my life is on the line, I’m going to be laughing knowing that in my next second I will be riding on, and talking to, a pterodactyl with Jesus; flying through wormholes as all the exciting, mysterious thing unveil and I’m assigned to take care of baby dolphins for a time. Don’t hate.
Last TidBit: Statistically, In homes where an animal is being abused, it is almost certain there is also domestic violence in the home. Maybe you should pay attention to this concept if you are still single and looking for a spouse.
– Prov. 12:10 – The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel.