– 1 John 1:5 – God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
– Light is not darkness
– Light overcomes darkness
– Light does not create darkness
– Light, by nature, exposes what is not light
– Light can create more light
– Eph. 5:8-14 – For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord… everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.
God wants you to be a light so you can see your path and not hurt yourself by walking around, stumbling, in the darkness.
– Heb. 12:29 – our God is a consuming fire.
– John 1:1-5 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
– Ps. 119:105 – Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
– John 12:35-36 – Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. “While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light.”
– Prov. 4:19 – But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.
– John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
– Ps. 91:12 – He will lift you up in His hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
– Prov. 3:23 – Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble.
– Ps. 25:4-21 – Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, Lord, are good. Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful toward those who keep the demands of his covenant. For the sake of your name, Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Who, then, are those who fear the Lord? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose. They will spend their days in prosperity, and their descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare. Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me! Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, Lord, is in you.
– 1 John 4:16 – God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.